Oblíbené příspěvky

pátek 21. října 2011

Battle Scarred (en)


Only a few bands named their CD after their hometown. You did it very proudly. Tell me some delicious things about your town? Do you really love it? Tell me some facts. I love foreign countries and I need more information !
Yes. Our hometown and its footballteam is our fucking life! We truely love Gefle and everything around it. It´s not a really big town. But not a small one either. It´s perfect, and it has it all. We have the biggest coffeybrand in Sweden (also popular overseas) called Gevalia (which as you by this time should know is the latin name of our hometown) for example. We are a harbourtown. And also known for our steel and papermills. Well... Most of the info is written down in our new CD.

What about The spirit of 69 and the original roots of skinheads like rudeboys, jamaican music etc.? Whats your opinion? Do you follow this way or do you rather call yourselves as nowadays skinheads and punx?
Well. I can only speak for myself when I say I really love reggae and ska music besides Oi! and punkrock. And I think I speak for all of us when I say we are still punx in our hearts, eventhough we have lost too much hair through the years. hahahah... Once a punk always a punk! I really dont think
there are much difference between the two styles anyway.

I have got quite silly question in my mind. I want to ask you which culture is better, haha. Punks or skins ? I think the both of them have many problems because of their image etc., but which culture is more acceptable for the society from your point of view?
Yes. I think you are right. Both culture have it´s issues with society and image. People often believe skins to be rightwing and punks to be leftwing. And I can say that in Sweden it is not at all like that. And I also see a growt of rightwing-punx and leftwing-skins in for example Germany too...
Personally I thing labels are bad to our scene. Keep your politics for yourself and keep the scene clean! We already have too much opinions from the media and public... But to get back to your question. I think Punks are more accepted from the outside.

Which is the most exotic Oi! band which have you ever heard? And did you like it?
Exotic band? hahaha... Well. Generation 69 from Singapore is a very good band.

Tell me please about problems which hurt you everyday…What would you change NOW if it is possible?
Beertaxes, expensive gasoline, the represants of our country... We have today in Sweden what you could compare to the Brittish Tory-party in the powerseat. And they are not good for the common workingman. So I think that is the biggest issue right now. We will see after the election in september...

Your the worst experience in your lives? And the best one? We are too unpatient, haha.
Well. I think things are what you make of them, so to speak. You should never let a bad experience drag you down. You should rather find even the smallest good thing about it and work from there. But maybe my answer isn´t punk enough?? Ok. Worse: Out of beer. Best: A bag full of beer. hahahaha....

With which band would you like to play? You can mention here RIP bands or still alive and kicking groups too, brother.
Oh! The Toy dolls for sure... Best fucking band ever!!!!

Do you think that internet kills our scene? Or is there still place for oldschool stuff like paper printed skinzines, DIY stuff etc.? Do you accept downloading of music from the webs?
No. The internet has done a lot good to our scene for sure. I still think there will always be a place for printed zines (which I still prefer) and DIY too. The downloading issue is a hard one. I think it´s still good eventhough I think everyone should think like me: Download samples, and if you like it. Buy it!

How can you imagine the Future of Europe ? Is this a good way? Or do you have any other better solution?
Oh. Those kind of questions are far too big for me... I try to take it day by day and not trying to see all the problems. Otherwise I would go mad. As a small individual there isn´t much I can do about it anyway. So I rather turn off the TV and relax with a cold beer and listen to a great album instead...

Are you interested in politics? Has got politics the place in the skinhead/punk scene ? What is your opinion on so called Capitalism?
Yes and No... Partypolitics is part of your everyday life. But extremist politics... No. I belive every man should be able to have their own oppinion. But as I mentioned earlier. The scene is so fucking torn by left and rightwing extremism. And I really think it only hurts rather than help. So keep your oppinions to yourself.

Would you like to play in Czech republic? What do you know about this land? What have we to prepare for you in case you will play here one fine day?
Oh yes! The land of the finest beer in the world! I usually only drink Czech beer, and I would really want to come and play... If we did, all you had to prepare for is that we will drink everything we see. hahaha...

Is there viking blood in your veins? Are you proud of your ancestors? Are you interested in their Asatru religion? Do you learn and know about them a lot?
Yes. The vikingblood is in our veins! And of course we are proud of it! In the same way as the greek mythology our own Asatru is very interesting. And since we are a part of it. It gets even more interesting of course. Sadly we learn very little about it in school. But I really love the old tales and read about it every now & then.

Tell me more information about your Goat in the middle of winter Gevalia. Why is this symbol used to be in flames every christmas ? Is it any Satanic 666 ritual? Haha.
It Goat is a tradition that goes back to 1966 when the first goat was put up, and made it into the Guinness book of world records fo its size (13 meters tall, 7 meters long and 3 ton heavy) And it wasn´t until 1969 it was burnt down for  the first time by vandals on new years eve (That´s what we call spirit of 69). And since then it have been in flames about every other year. It has almost  become a tradition. Todays goat is 16 meters tall by the way...
Inside your lyrics you oftem use name as God or  Christ. I know you are  interested in Asatru. But this religion or knowledge was associated with christianity too. Do you believe in one God? Do you accept churches? Whats your opinion on Christianity as a faith?
I haven´t really noticed that God and Christ are used in our lyrics... Perhaps you are right? But none of us are into religion. But we are borned christians like everyone else in Sweden (with obvious exceptions of people from other cultures) We really have nothing to say about either religion, churches or anything surrounding that. That is not what we are about. We are a punk band.

In this song „
Nowhere to hide“ you promise sweet and bloody revenge to criminals and murderers! Do you have execution (death punishment) in Sweden? Would you like to follow and kill any murderer one day? ME YES! Definitly!!! Is your justice blind, too soft or not?
The song is about child abusers in particular. We got the idea for the song by Colin who used to be the singer of Vanilla muffins. He said he regrets he never wrote about it.
So instead we should. And the song was borned. We do not have capital punishment in Sweden. But i wish we did... For sure!
My friend travelled to Sweden this summer for holidays with his children and wife. He told me there are a lot of mushrooms all around in the forest. Why dont you pick them up? Dont you eat it? Are you awared by radioactive Chernobyl? ;-) If you were tourist in Sweden, what would you like to visit? What is closer to  your heart? Wild nature or the cities?
Hahaha... First time in my life i get a question about mushrooms in an interview :D We (Read: the Swedes, not the us in the band) do pick mushrooms. But Sweden is 70% forest. And 80% of the people live in cities... You do the math ;)

English speaking of nordic people is very good! Do you learn it in basic school or just in „Kindergarten“ ? Did you often watch english movies when you were a child?
Yes. We start learning english in school by the age of 9. And also, unlike many European countries we do not dub the movies into our language. All english speaking movies are as they are, and instead we have subtitles. So I think we learn a lot by watching them actually.

What about the atmosphere on Kuggnas festival when you played with Forbidden Rage? Is the scene in your land different from other European countries ?
Ahh.. kuggnäs is always great! About 1500 people and everyone is there for the same reason. Music and drinking. The atmosphere are always great there! ...If the scene is different here?? Both yes and no. We rarely have this big gigs over here. But there still are people who are puting them up. But if you compare us with for example Germany where there are gigs every week. We really haven´t  anything to brag about. But we do have some great bands. And great audience also!

What would you like to mention here, at the end of this interview?
Thanx alot for the interview!!! Hope to come and play in your country soon.
So keep the beer ready! ...And be sure to check out our new CD "Gevalia" too!
Cheers!! /Puncc

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat