Oblíbené příspěvky

středa 19. října 2011

West Wall (en)


Could you please tell me something delicious about the members of WestWall? Are they the old veterans of the american musical scene? In which bands or projects have you ever played before?

There is a big list of bands that we have played in, here are some of the names of the bands we have been in: Defile, Dominion, Ossuary Insane, BFG, Before God and I am sure there are a few I missed :)

Who established the band and what was the first idea? Would you like to send the message to the world that metal music is not only about stupid poseurs who want to only make hard music without any attitudes?

I came up with the concept a few years ago. Mike the ex-drummer had joined me on my ideas and from there we went and recorded the material for the first album and then we called in some friends who were interested in joining us. If you were to put a tag on our band, it is basically "war" metal. The concepts are based around warfare, from ancient warfare to medieval warfare to modern warfare. This is a fighting mans music!!! And the music carries the impact of panzer rolling over ones testicles :)

The 1st CD was edited by White Noise. But the 2nd one was not. Is the second CD more independent? Did you edit it by yourselves without any support? Do you want to play more „legaly“ in the future? What was the main reason not to cooperate with some independent /so called nationalist/ labels?

Well, we are actually searching for the right label to sign to. The album had been financed by us and we did not feel like sitting on it much longer, so we ended up pressing the cd ourselves. We have had a lot of interest in our band, but we have not found what we are looking for in a label yet. So in the meantime, it is a DIY (Do it Yourself) thing for us.

What would be honour for you to share the stage with which band?

There are a few bands I would like to share the stage with. Probably the most biggest honor for me would be to share the stage with Iron Maiden. Their music "spawned" me!!

The 1st is about second world war, the 2nd tells about the middleage and the bloody battles full of technical weapons and strong arms. Which topic is closer to you and why??

I have a very big library of books. There are so many accounts I have of battles from the history of the world. I would say my most recent "interest" is in the battle of Vienna in 1683. I just read an incredible account of this siege and it has played a big part in the writing of some of my lyrics on the new WW album. That topic is very close to me also for the fact that I grew up on these ancient grounds.

And the new one will tell about the 1st World war or about sci-fi battle in the cosmos? :-)

It depends on what I am reading and what influences me. Maybe Battlestar Galactica engaging in Ragnarok :)

Do you prepare any new songs? I know that you concert a lot...Do you like smaller clubs or the bigger with wider audience? How many people visit your shows and which is the entry? :-)

We are working on new material for the next album. It will crush, slash and smash as usual :)

We have been playing some pretty decent smaller clubs, and the clubs have been packed. We have been enjoying this. The sound is much more confined and punishing in a smaller venue. But big venues are ok too, we don't really care, as long as we get to do our thing, we are happy.

When you compare your 2CDs, so which one is better for you personally? I like both the same, but I think the 1st one is closer to me because of topic! But I like Trojan wars and mythology too, of course!

The first album was material I was sitting on for years, and it really had that "campaign" feel to it. But with the 2nd one, it was written together with the other guys in the band, they were there for the writing process. With the first album I recorded it with the drummer, then we got the other guys and they learned the material and went into the studio to record. A thing to point out is that the tuning is different on the first album than on the 2nd album. I personally prefer the 2nd album for the fact that it was more of a team effort and I got to put a lot of thought into it. But I also love the first album. Honestly I would love to re-record the first album again with this line-up and using the same tuning as the 2nd album. The material sounds so good live!!

I think that the heroes during the 2nd World War were on the both sides. Some Russian soldiers fought very deeply and many fact-books are written about it. But which army was better from your point of view? :-)

There were brave soldiers on all sides of the war. But if you put it down man for man, the German army and its foreign volunteers were the best. And I am speaking from a military point of view. I also need to point out the Finns were hard as nails too!!

You support Hoelzer Reich streetwear. Could you please tell me more about this sign and the owner of this?

It is a new clothing line company out of California that sponsors professional Cage Fighters, Motorcross Riders and our band. Check out their gear, it is very cool!!

Ed, I know you have some other musical projects! You are very active musician! Cheers! Will KG23 still exist in the future? And what about Toroed? Why do you play under different names? :-) I think it will be impossible for you to count your projects when you will be grandad one day :-)

I have to keep people on their toes :) I am just working with so many different musicians and on so many projects that it would not be fair to put them all under the same name. And yes, KG23 will probably record more in the future.

And by the way, it is already impossible to count all the things I have done, and I am not even a grandad yet :)

Could you write me your top-tens? Which bands influenced you? Do you listen to any other musical styles beside metal? What do you think about reggae, ska, techno or hip-hop artists ;-)?

I listen to quite a few different styles of music. I listen to classical music, good old punk/hardcore (mainly from the 80's). I like 80's pop music, as well as bands like Journey, Pink Floyd, the Police, etc. I also love music from the 50's and 60's.  I have a very diversified musical taste. Techno and ska don't bother me. (they are not something that I would go out of my way to listen to)  But as far as hip-hop and reggae are concerned, they are not my thing, that music is simply not in my DNA.

And your future plans with the band???

Conquests or Death!!!

Any other messages at the end of this battle?

Barells Forward!!!!!

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat