Oblíbené příspěvky

sobota 22. října 2011

Hit and Run (en)


At first, tell me please about your job, hobbies and age…And family status if you want to be informed and contacted by pretty fan-girls from Europe :-)

Jeremy: I own and operate a residential construction company along with a touring case company, Roadkill Cases. I am happily married with three children. Things are great.

Mark: I am single and work as a Teamster for a a freight company.

You recorded mini-CD with 4 songs. Do you have any other songs with which you can introduce your band on the stages? Will you record any other full-lenght CD? And when???

Jeremy: The 4 SONG 'ER EP was recording in 2007 and released shortly after the new year in 2008. This recording featured our good friend Ben Cooksey (RIP) on Bass guitar. We also had the chance to record with Ben one more time before he passed away. We recorded a 7" Split with the band Hammerlock. This split featured the songs "Lock & Load" and "On The Gas". We recently went back in to the studio and recorded new full length that will hopefully be released before mid year.

Tell me about your style of music..Is it quick rock with punk roots? Or are there any infulences of „country“ (because you live in the South, Texas) ?

Jeremy: We actually live in North Texas. Dallas area. I don't really dig on country so there's no influences like that. There's tons of bands that have influenced me over the years. It would be hard to put a finger on all of them. But for me, the bands that shaped how I think about music are: Black Flag, ZEKE, Speedealer, Motorhead, to name a few. I wouldn't consider us a punk rock band. We really just play what comes natural. I think there are elements of punk there, just not so much at the surface. We've been called Motorhead on Speed. Not a shabby consideration.

Mark: I am influenced by just about everything. I listen to everything from Honky Tonk to Punk Rock to Metal. I don't like Rap (crap) or that Hip-Hop shit.

Where would you like to travel for holiday one day and why?

Jeremy: I'd like to see Europe again. Australia for sure. Even Greenland. Any place where they let bad motherfuckers in. haha

Mark: Europe of course. Australia cause the girls are hot and that accent drives me nuts. Japan cause I am 6'6" tall and I want to feel like a giant.

Describe me please the average life of the american working man..Are you under the pressure of the society or politics or government? Do you have enough spare time for the scene and the crew?

Jeremy: It's a bad time for American workers. The economy is suffering and it looks like it will continue to suffer for some time. Being a Self Employed worker myself, I do feel the sting of it all. But you push forward and make the best out of it you can. When are we not under the pressure of government, cops and anyone who thinks they are our superiors? Fuck 'em all. Police yourselves and keep politicians and cops the fuck away from you.
We play alot, so we don't get to see alot of other bands we'd like. But we always make time for our music scene. Music needs to prosper, you can't support it by sitting on your ass. Get out there and tear shit up.

Mark: America does not have a working class anymore. All that is left is rich and poor. It is not real hard to tell who you are. If you are not rich then guess what you are poor.

Will you stay in „the underground“ or would you like to play in bigger gigs in front of big audience? And what about the american „underground“ scene? Is this scene stronger or the good old blood disappeared ?

Jeremy: Man, we'll play whenever, to whoever. As long as we enjoy what we're doing, no one will stop us. There are alot of really good bands working the touring circuit. I believe the underground scene is still strong. You just don't hear about it often because the mainstream is pushed down everyone's throat. I mean, come on...can somebody really enjoy listening to Green Day or Blink 182? That shit sucks and will always fuckin' suck. But these type bands are what is pushed as "Punk Rock". Get out there and find your local music scene. You will find bands that would walk all over shit like green day. I guarantee it! The underground is where it's at. 

Mark: Like Jeremy said ANYWHERE, ANYTIME.

I dont want to ask you on any political topics..but you live in America and you live inside the totaly politicaly correct society. We know something from the movies ..But how is the reality? How´s the real life in the amercian streets? Are there big problems inside society etc.? Some Americans told me that NY City is the most careful place in the world.

Jeremy: Everyone's an ass kisser in America. Scared to death they might offend someone. I wouldn't trust what is in movies, but it's definitely a weak place mentally. I believe we have the same problems as every country. Mainly problems instilled by the police and politicians. Mounted pressure on it's citizens to conform to a certain lifestyle. They want a controllable society. And they're getting it. Sad to say.

Mark: Who the fuck is politicly correct. Fuck everyone.

I know about your recent problems on your shows! I think one psycho boy was injured and died some hours after :-( Why are the concerts of the punk-rock bands attacked ?

Jeremy: There was a terrible and sad incident at one of our shows in Atlanta, where a guy, who was close friends with friends of ours, was killed in a bar fight after the show. I don't know the whole story on it so I can't elaborate. It wasn't anything to do with music or the band though. Just shit that got out of hand.

Mark: That incident had nothing to do with use. It was a unfortunate incident, but happened after we had already left. 

Are there any good bands near your town, in your region? With which band would you like to share the stage together and why?

Jeremy: Lots of good bands in Texas! It would take forever to list 'em all. A few examples: Speedealer, The Hellions, Honky, Dixie Witch, The Sore Losers, Pasadena Napalm Division, Deadhorse, The Hammercocks, Buzzcrusher, Thunderosa and on and on. Personally, I'd like to pound it out with ZEKE. I think that would be an immense show. Overwhelming power.

Did you play together with the Agnostic Front? Do you know these icons of Hard Core personally? How was the show? Great?

Jeremy: Yea, we played with AF last year (2009). It was a good show. Alot of people still really dig that hardcore music. Scott goes way back with them. I don't know 'em personally. Met them for the first time at that show.

Mark: Great show and nice guys.

I think you love tattoo. Me too ;-) Are there any free place on your bodies? Tell me about your pictures.

Jeremy: Yea, I got a few. Mostly my arms. All mine really just stems from the cycle of life. I don't have any fuckin' koi fish though. hahaha

Mark: I have a lot but am never done.

I think you know boys from the Powerhäus and Westwall very well. Any funny stories together with these men? :-)

Jeremy: I know they talk funny. haha. Nah, those are really good dudes, very talented musicians. I always time for them. Except the one fucker who tore the tolex on my Marshall cabinet. There's still a full on investigation about that shit.

Would you like to play in my country? I think it will be expensive to pay your bill (the flight, food, beers :-)) if we wanted to invite you for the show, won´t be?

Jeremy: Like I said earlier, we'll play wherever, whenever! We'll play a chicken coop if we knew people would show up. You couldn't afford the beer man. haha. We are planning on touring Europe this year, so keep an eye out.

Mark: ANYWHERE, ANYTIME JUST BRING IT. 

And the last question…there is summer outside. I feel pain inside my cock…there are too many pretty beautiful women. Which part of the woman´s body do you love and why :-) ?

Jeremy: If you got pain inside your cock, you might want to get that checked out man. Sounds fucked up.

Mark: Hell man what part of a woman's body isn't worth loving.

Any regards in the end of this interview???

Jeremy: Thanks to you for your interest in the band enough to do an interview. And to the fans everywhere. It means alot to have support and we thank you all! Keep an eye out for the new album soon. You can always check www.hitnruntx.com and at myspace.com/hitrundallas for all info on everything Rock & roll. Cheers!

Mark: Thanks to all the fans on that side of the pond. Hope to see y'all soon.

Jeremy: Guitar/Vocals
Scott: Drums
Mark: Bass Guitar

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat