Oblíbené příspěvky

pátek 21. října 2011

KG23 (en)


Could you please tell me anything about the reality in the USA? What about  criminality or police oppression in the streets? I know you wrote me once, that  you would rather live in any European country than in the USA. Is it your strong  opinion?

As you know, the US is a very modern and young country as opposed to the old world of Europe. For me, being that I have strong roots going back to Europe, and being that I grew up in what I  would call my formative years in Europe, I find myself more in touch with the European ways than that of the American ways. My appreciation for the arts, culture and history runs deep in my blood.
In America there is more of what I would call a materialistic society. Simple things don't seem to be enjoyed anymore, society has rather seemed to have gone on this path that has been heavily influenced  by popular culture and media. Don't get me wrong, there are many good "salt of the earth" types of people in America, the ones that live a good, decent, honest and moral life, but they are sadly becoming  a thing of the past with the new generations.
 I don't really see any police oppression going on. I actually think that being a policeman in a big city of the US is one of the most difficult and frustrating jobs one can have. Crime is a problem in the big cities, and there are certain cities to where you really have to watch what neighborhood you are going in. Even outside the big cities, drugs such a methamphetamines (crank) have really done a lot of damage  to people. In turn these addicts, commit crimes, get themselves arrested and the taxpayer has to pay for their stay in prison and has to pay their medical bills. I could go on about many things, but I would  be writing for days.
My reasons for my preference to live in Europe is cultural. I appreciate the traditions/culture of every European nation.
 
You have austrian european blood, dont you have? Do you often visit mother  Europe? Which land do you like so much? Would you like to visit Russia for  example?

I am Austro/Croat. Whenever I get a chance I like to visit Mother Europe. I would love to see Russia as well as tons of other countries.
 
 Have you ever visited any Czech restaurants or meet any czech skinheads/punks in USA? :-)

I met a Czech skinhead many, many years ago. There is a Czech/German restaurant in the cities I have been to. Great food and beer!!!
 
Alex from Battle Zone removed himself from GB to Peru. If you could, would you  like to move yourself to Southern America or Mexico or to Canada?

I would love to see South America, I have not been there yet. But Argentina and Brazil look like great places to visit. I have been to Mexico, I don't think I could live down there. It would be nice  to spend some time there during the winter, but to live there full time I don't think I could do it.
And I definitely could not live in Canada. Canada is too much of a police state.
 
Let´s stop geography now :-) I think you still remember 9/11 and attacks on WTC.  What is your opinion? I think it is very sensitive topic. Was it only reason for  next war in Iraq and Afghanistan (blood for oil)?

It was a very sad day for this country. The foreign policy of this country has interfered with so many other countries all over the world when it should be concerned with what is going on inside this country.
I don't think the Arab world is forgetting Americas' involvement in the middle east and I fear that this war will never end for them.
I would prefer seeing the US troops home and efforts going into the  war on drugs, securing the borders and seeing that children are getting proper educations.
 
Final War sang in one song about Pearl Harbour. That they were american heroes  killed by japanese aircraft. Do you have the same idea? If you lived during the  second world war, would you join the american army and fight the Japans and  Germans?

First of all, I believe that the US intelligence had prior knowledge to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. These men that had died on this day could/should have been warned of the coming attack.
Of course it saddens me when people die in attacks as such. They are casualties of war as are the men of every other country that perished in battle.
If I had been around during WW2, I most definitely would have been fighting against communism. So I guess that would have made a German soldier or shall I say a foreign volunteer in the fight against bolshevism.
 
 What do you mean about islam religion and moslem countries? Should we „teach“  them what is „democracy“ or is their state and religion their own private thing in their own lands?

Their religion and traditions are thousands of years old, who are we to tell them how to live?
I respect them, as long as they don't impose on me and keep to their own lands.
Here is a fine example: You have seen documentaries on lost tribes of the Amazon. Tribes that have existed for thousands of years, following in the same traditions since their dawn of time. Do we really want to take them out of their  happiness, traditions and way of life and put them in our world?
Could you imagine taking one of these lost tribesmen and put them into our world? What do you think they would think or do? It is not natural  to mess with their "order". Once you step on ones "order" then they become hostile.
 
I have read some article about your new president Obama. Somebody wrote there  that he is „commie“. I dont think so, I think he is very rich and maybe only  figure in the hands of other rich people and rich industries. What do you think  about his politics?

Honestly, I try not to follow the politics in this country. I don't think he is communist either, I just see him as having a lot of pressure put on him. He has been left many bad situations that were created by the  past presidents.
I think he is the medias "darling boy", but he is starting to get a lot of flack from the right in this country. We will see how he does with all the pressure on his shoulders.
 
And you attitude about „working class“ ? Should working people have more rights  and better chances to have a better life? Or should they cooperate (under some  strong syndicate) with their bosses and build together with them strong nation  and strong state?

 If you work hard and are an upstanding citizen you deserve better privelidges. If your productivity affects the strength of the nation and its people, the state should offer better incentives.
 
 If I travel to USA, which cities or places should I visit ? And which places or  towns should NOT I visit and why? :-)

America is so vast, it all depends on your taste of where you might like to go. There are cities I have not been to yet, that I would like to see.
I have always like Chicago, Milwaukee, Cincinatti, and I would like to see Boston, Seattle, Portland. My personal choice is the North, Northwest, and Northeast. It is more my style I guess.
Cities that I do not care for are Dallas, Detroit, Atlanta mainly because these cities are very dirty, dangerous and much too hot (Dallas/Atlanta).
 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat